Scrubbing helps in the removal of the dead skin cells of your skin by gently massaging with tiny particles of any nutritious ingredient. Applying scrub to your face twice or thrice a week makes it more glowing, blemish-free and squeaky clean. The primary purpose of scrubbing is to open up the pores in your skin that are clogged by dirt and other pollutants.
Environment plays a crucial role
The more you go outside in a dirty and unhealthy environment, the more clogging will occur in your skin. For the prevention of delaying in the occurrence of blackheads and whiteheads, you should cover your face while driving or traveling in a dirty and polluted area.
To thoroughly clean your skin and get rid of these blackheads or whiteheads, you need to follow a fixed skincare regime of using 4 products one after another. First is the cleanser, it maybe cream-based or foam based. Then toner, scrubber, and moisturizer.
Identify your skin type first
Scrubs are available at a wide range in the beauty market. You just have to find out which one is highly suitable for your skin type.
- For oily skin, scrubs contain ingredients having drying herbal qualities in them, like green tea or mint.
- For dry skin, scrubs have nourishing features in them. Products such as banana, honey, and aloe-Vera are good for dry skin.
- For combination skin, meaning your skin is normal all over your face but your T zone is oily. Then you should use scrubs having jojoba oil, argan oil, and lavender in them.
Say no to chemical-based scrubs
Products that are made from harmful chemicals should be completely ignored for use. Preservatives like parabens and sulfates cause major harm in your skin that can even lead to cancerous cells in the future. Use mild scrubs having lesser chemicals and more herbal materials.
Opt for home remedies
If you are scared of the side effects of readymade products having preservatives in them in the form of harsh and dangerous chemicals, then you should go for homemade beauty remedies. Home remedies for blackheads and whiteheads include various products and are proved effective as well. Some of the home remedies for black and whiteheads are mentioned below:
- Red lentil: grind it in a grinder and get its small particles ready to apply by mixing in rose water. Red lentil is famous for its antioxidant properties that help in removing blemishes and is also a nice scrub for your face.
- Semolina: its white tiny particles do not need grinding. They are ready to be applied by mixing some honey or rose water in them. Along with scrubbing, they help in brightening your face also and give a whitish glow to your face.
- Rice: grind rice in a grinder just as red lentil and mix it with honey. Apply and massage thoroughly with the little help of your nails but be gentle with the process. rice is known for its brightening properties since ancient times.
Readymade scrubs and masks:
If you do not have time to make beauty products at home, then you can shop them from the market as well. As it is a less time-consuming task. You can buy cleansers, scrubs, masks, and moisturizers all at one shop or in any online store. Just keep in mind your skin type.
- The best cleanser is usually the oil-based which is followed by the water-based cleanser in this process. The oil-based cleanser extracts and eradicates all the dirt and pollutants gathered in your pores of skin. it makes the skin clean and fresh. it helps in removing any barrier between the skin and the next steps. Then water-based cleanser is used to remove the excess oil of the oil-based cleanser.
- Scrubs are the exfoliators for your skin that help in getting rid of dead skin cells from the epidermis (the outermost layer of our skin). It makes the skin free from blackheads and whiteheads that can be formed due to the accumulation of dirt and pollutants while going outside in an unhealthy environment.
- Basically, masking is the most mandatory step in this entire procedure. Opened up pores with the help of scrubbing are now needed to be closed so that no other dirt and pollutant could get into your fresh and clean skin. Best exfoliating face mask is generally the clay mask. Clay masks come in a large variety.
- Yellow clay mask is used for skin brightening.
- Purple colored clay mask is known for its calming properties.
- Black clay is good for purifying the skin.
- Blue is used for hydration and moisturizing.
Take the one you need at that particular moment for that particular occasion.
Needling for blackheads and whiteheads:
Micro-needling is the quickest method to remove blackheads when in a hurry. But be gentle and careful while performing this activity, as it may hurt your sensitive areas around the nose. Just take that specifically made needle and take the blackhead in. Squeeze the needle and scratch or fetch the targeted blackhead.
Tiny so-called surgeries are also common in the case of stubborn blackheads. Some people have not removed them for 5-6 years so they become stubborn. This option is advised to be chosen only when the other options are not working. Find your operator carefully.
Follow the above-mentioned steps for a minimum of 3 months. Do not skip any step in between to get the wished results and glowing skin. But exfoliating needs to be done all your life because blackheads and whiteheads are so common and generally occur within two or three days. Exfoliating can be done with needles, scrubs or masks. Go for your preferred option.
To stop getting blackheads and not want to scrub often, then you should cover your face when going or traveling outside in a dirty environment. it is the only option left to keep your skin prevented from frequent occurrence of blackheads and whiteheads.